[AO discussion] ug text recommendation

Shafer Smith shafer at MATH1.CIMS.nyu.edu
Wed Dec 12 20:32:39 UTC 2007

Dear colleagues,

I'm looking for a recommendation for an undergraduate text on weather/climate.  In particular,
looking for something one notch (or half notch) lower level than the new book by Marshall and Plumb.
As calibration, the course on which Marshall and Plumb is based at MIT has a prerequisite of
multivariate calculus and physics I;  I'm shooting for something appropriate to students who know 1d
calculus and a little physics.  Ideally the course will employ rotating tank demonstrations.  Any
comments or recommendations welcome!

Thanks in advance,
Shafer

--