[AO discussion] ug text recommendation

Michael E McIntyre M.E.McIntyre at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Thu Dec 13 14:35:40 UTC 2007

Dear Shafer,

May I venture to suggest one of the few places where there's an
intelligible non-mathematicians' explanation of the Rossby-wave
mechanism (showing why it's ubiquitous as well as important)?

http://www.atm.damtp.cam.ac.uk/people/mem/papers/ECMWF/

If you want to cut straight to the relevant bit, it's precisely at

http://www.atm.damtp.cam.ac.uk/people/mem/papers/ECMWF/#movie

where in case your emailer messes it up, the symbol before "movie"
is a hash.

Best wishes, Michael McIntyre