[AO announcement] Faculty Positions in Climate Science

Rob Black rob.black at eas.gatech.edu
Thu Sep 25 13:42:25 UTC 2008

Dear Colleagues,

   I would like to bring your attention to an opening for two
tenure-track faculty positions in climate science within the School of
Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at Georgia Tech (feel free to forward
this information to others who may be interested):

Faculty Positions in Climate Sciences. The School of Earth and
Atmospheric Sciences (EAS) at Georgia Tech invites applications for two
tenure-track faculty positions in Climate Sciences. Candidates working
in the following areas are encouraged to apply: global and regional
climate dynamics, paleo-climate, biogeochemical cycles, ice sheet
dynamics, ocean-atmosphere and land-atmosphere interactions. We
particularly encourage applicants using global or regional scale
numerical models or remote sensing techniques in their research.
Applicants at the Assistant Professor level are sought, although
outstanding individuals at all levels will be considered. We are seeking
individuals who are interested in working in a dynamic interdisciplinary
academic and research environment that includes atmospheric chemistry
and biogeochemistry, weather and climate dynamics, oceanography,
paleoclimatology, and geophysics. The Georgia Institute of Technology,
one of the consistently top ranked educational/research institutions in
the country, is undergoing significant growth in the earth and
atmospheric sciences. The School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
currently has 26 faculty members, 95 graduate students, and 70
undergraduate students and has excellent facilities in the new 265,000
square-foot Environmental Science and Technology Building. For more
information about our School and academic programs, visit
www.eas.gatech.edu. Applicants should send an application letter,
curriculum vitae, a statement of research and teaching interests, and
the names and contact information for at least three references.
Application materials should be submitted electronically as pdf files to
susan.ryan at eas.gatech.edu. Requests for information should be directed
to Dr. Jean Lynch-Stieglitz, Search Committee Chair, at
jean at eas.gatech.edu, (404) 894-3944. Applications will be considered
beginning November 15, 2009 but the search will continue until the
positions are filled. Georgia Tech is a unit of the University System of
Georgia and an equal education/employment opportunity institution.

    Best wishes,
     -Rob Black

--
Robert X. Black
Associate Professor & Graduate Coordinator

Georgia Institute of Technology
School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
Environmental Science and Technology Building
311 Ferst Drive
Atlanta, GA   30332-0340

phone:  (404) 894-1756;  fax:  (404) 894-5638
email:  rob.black at eas.gatech.edu
www:  http://rxb.eas.gatech.edu/black.html