[AO announcement] Call for abstracts to IPY session at MOCA in Montreal

Karen Heywood K.Heywood at uea.ac.uk
Fri Jan 16 14:20:01 UTC 2009

IAMAS, IAPSO and IACS invite the international atmospheric,
oceanographic and cryospheric research community to MOCA-09, their
Joint Assembly, to be held in July 2009 in Montréal, Québec, Canada.
See :http://www.moca-09.org

We hope that you will participate in our session J03, International
Polar Year - Early Results

This symposium provides the first opportunity after the official end
of the observing period of the International Polar Year 2007-2009 to
report new results from IPY projects. The session will particularly
highlight interdisciplinary results addressing the IPY themes of
assessing the present environmental status of the polar regions;
quantifying and understanding environmental changes in polar regions;
and better understanding the links between the polar regions and the
rest of the globe. Contributions on advances towards implementation
of sustainable observing systems of the earth system in polar regions
are also welcome.
We are very pleased that the following invited speakers have
confirmed that they will give talks:
For IPY THORPEX:
Thor Erik Nordeng

Mel Shapiro

For ASPECT/Antarctic Sea Ice:
Steve Ackley

For ASAID:
Bob Bindschadler

For APECS:
Liz Thomas, British Antarctic Survey, UK

For SASSI:
Alex Orsi, Texas A&M, USA

For DAMOCLES:
Jean-Claude Gascard, LOCEAN, France

Please go to
www.moca-09.org/e/02-abstracts_submission_e.shtml
to submit your abstract now!

THE DEADLINE FOR THE SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS IS 23rd JANUARY!

If you have any questions, please contact the Assembly’s Management
Office at: Montreal2009-abstracts at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca

Thank you and may we extend to you our wishes for a Happy New Year and
look forward to welcoming you to Montreal this coming July.

Michel Béland (IAMAS), Ian Allison (IACS) and Karen Heywood (IAPSO)

Professor Karen J. Heywood
Physical Oceanographer
School of Environmental Sciences
University of East Anglia