[AO announcement] THE BIFD symposium Barcelona, this summer

Eyal Heifetz eyalh at post.tau.ac.il
Sun Jan 23 05:32:16 PST 2011

Dear colleagues,

It is my pleasure to invite you to submit an abstract to the GFD session
in the
Fourth Symposium on Bifurcations and Instability in Fluid Dynamics (BIFD).
The conference will be held in Barcelona between 18-21 July 2011.

As you can see from the symposium webpage :
http://congress.cimne.com/bifd2011
the scope of the conference covers many aspects and research fields in
fundamental fluid dynamics, including GFD, (session # 1.5).
The major benefit of this conference is the unique enriching interaction
between researchers in fluid dynamics from different disciplines,
who don't tend to meet and interact too often (after all we all solve
and understand (well... at least try to...) the same NS equations).

I encourage you to submit an abstract (the deadline is Feb. 25).
Those of you who like to deliver a keynote lecture in this session are
welcome to email me directly.

all the best and hope to see lots of you in this unconventional conference,
Eyal

Prof. Eyal Heifetz,
Dept. of Geophysics and Planetary sciences,
Tel-Aviv University, Israel
email: eyalh at post.tau.ac.il
Tel: +972-3-6407048
Fax: +972-3-6409282