[AO announcement] 2014 IUGG Conference on Mathematical Geophysics

c.pasquero at isac.cnr.it c.pasquero at isac.cnr.it
Thu Dec 19 15:17:11 PST 2013

Dear Colleagues,

The 30th IUGG Conference on Mathematical Geophysics, focusing on "Mathematical and Computational Modeling: An international conference to honor Professor Ismael Herrera", will be held in Merida, Yucatan, Mexico, over the 2nd-6th June 2016.

The conference aims to draw together key contemporary issues in mathematical geophysics, including solid Earth, ocean, atmosphere, criosphere, climate observations and data assimilation, modeling of the Earth system and its components, model validation and the solving of contemporary earth science problems.

We hope that as well as presenting new results, the meeting will also demonstrate methodological approaches that can be transferred between disciplines.

Abstract submission will start in Mid January and will close on March 1st, 2014.

Funding to support students and early career scientists may be available, and the procedure to apply for it will be announced later on.

Conference website: http://eventos.iigen.unam.mx/IUGG2014/
Conference program: http://eventos.iigen.unam.mx/IUGG2014/Scientific.html

For further information, please send an email to  MathGeophysics2014 at iingen.unam.mx

We look forward to seeing you at the 2014 Conference on Mathematical Geophysics.

The Organizing Committee and the IUGG Committee on Mathematical Geophysics.

----
----

Claudia Pasquero
CMG Scientific Secretary
Associate Professor in Atmospheric Physics and Oceanography
University of Milan - Bicocca
piazza della Scienza 4
I-20126 Milano
ph: +39 02 6448 2055