[AO announcement] AFD book release

Vallis, Geoffrey G.Vallis at exeter.ac.uk
Sun Mar 6 11:11:23 PST 2016

Dear Friends,

I have released another version of my AOFD book. You can download it from
   http://empslocal.ex.ac.uk/people/staff/gv219/aofd/index.html
The main addition is a treatment of El Niño and the Southern Oscillation. The main addition in the previous release (last autumn) was a chapter on moist dynamics and the tropical circulation. (I am slowly becoming aware that half the world in equatorward of 30 degs.)

This will be the last major release of the book before publication. However, I will be making many corrections and revisions, including to the tropical chapter (which solicited many comments - thank you), various corrections to the waves chapters, and editing throughout. I will also be making available various codes that I have used in the book - e.g.,  shallow water code, a model of the QBO etc. These will all be quietly posted on my website in the weeks ahead.

Please pass this email on to colleagues, especially, students and postdocs, as appropriate. And please send comments to me, both major and minor.

Apologies for any cross posting,
Regards,
Geoff

_________

Prof. Geoffrey Vallis
College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences,
University of Exeter
http://empslocal.ex.ac.uk/people/staff/gv219/