[AO announcement] job opening

Rob Scott rscott at utig.ig.utexas.edu
Tue Jul 24 12:04:00 UTC 2007

The following announcement was sent to me by Jay Boisseau, the
director of TACC.

The Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC) at The University of Texas
at Austin is looking to hire several additional HPC experts over the
next 4-5 months. TACC is particularly interested in hiring one or
more computational experts in atmospheric modeling/weather
forecasting, ocean modeling, and climate modeling. TACC operates one
of the most powerful HPC systems in the world and is deploying what
will be the most powerful system in late 2007 at 1/2 petaflop. The
new research staff we're seeking will work with geosciences
researchers at UT Austin, across UT System, and in the NSF and DOD
research communities to help exploit these world-class HPC systems
for maximum scientific impact in weather, ocean, and climate modeling.

Jay
Please note that the above hiring is completely independent of the
Jackson School of Geosciences hiring that you've probably seen
advertised in EOS. The opportunity for collaboration though is very
good since TACC is in the same building as UTIG, and attached to the
BEG building, two of the units of the Jackson School of Geosciences.

Rob Scott
Research Associate
Institute for Geophysics
University of Texas at Austin